Precise PCs has been supporting Murwillumbah's (and the Tweed Valley's) businesses, students, gamers and home-users for almost 23 years.
We have grown to be a “one stop shop” for computer users, and have built a reputation based on honesty, trust, and our professional-but-friendly before, during and after-sales service.
We do our best but always strive to do better.
Our staff has well over 50 YEARS of combined IT EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE.
We speak in “layman’s terms” when needed and are patient and understanding.
Our prices are very competitive – we are happy to price-match when possible…just ask.
We sell a wide range of COMPUTERS (laptops and desktops), LAPTOP BAGS and CASES, MONITORS, KEYBOARDS, MICE, PRINTERS, INKS and various IT related accessories including TABLETS, MOBILE PHONES, LANDLINE PHONES (corded and cordless), SPEAKERS, LABEL PRINTERS, CABLES (including ethernet / LAN, HDMI, VGA and many others), SD and MICRO SD CARDS, FLASHDRIVES, plus many other useful items you wouldn't usually find in a computer store.
If we haven't got what you want, we will do our best to get it in for you.
Customers who buy a computer from us (laptop or desktop) receives a 10% DISCOUNT on the cost of future labor fees on that computer.
Simply tell us what you would be needing your new computer for - business, home, study, gaming, video editing (or a mix of any of these uses, or something else).
Do you have minimum specs you require? If so, then have chat with one of our friendly techs to discuss your needs fully, so we can match you with the best computer / product to suit your needs, and budget.
REPAIRS / SERVICING
- We offer IN-STORE and ON-SITE REPAIRS for PCs (laptops and desktops) and Macs (out of warranty). Repair services include (but are not limited to) back-ups, data transfers and recoveries, hardware repairs, software repairs, Windows 10 upgrades and much more. (We have some restrictions on our on-site visits now due to Covid-19.)
- We do LAPTOP SCREEN REPAIRS, as well as many other hardware and software repairs (back-ups, data repairs, data recoveries, Windows 10 upgrades, and much more).
- We offer ADVICE, SUPPLY and SET-UP of home and business IT and INTERNET SOLUTIONS.
- We have a qualified Oki PRINTER REPAIRER in-store and are experienced with many printer faults.
- We offer in-store PRINTING and LAMINATING SERVICES (not A3).
- Our popular ONE-ON-ONE TUITION sessions (in-store or in your own home) will resume post-Covid-19.
- COMPUTER and PRINTER INSTALLATIONS at home and for businesses will resume post-Covid-19 (unless extremely urgent now)
- We offer REMOTE SUPPORT for many software and settings issues, meaning less down time for you! The first 5 minutes are free, then our tech's time is charged at a rate of $5.50 per 3-minute block.
Precise PCs supports BUSINESSES by offering our PROACTIVE DEDICATED IT SUPPORT through our Managed Services.
This includes (but is not limited to) Managed Backups, Managed Antivirus, Patch Management, Phone Systems' supply and installation, Web Design and Hosting, Domain Registrations and Sales, Microsoft Business Office 365 Solutions (including Microsoft Exchange Server Mailboxes), and more.
We now offer ONLINE SHOPPING.
- Prices will be applicable to online shopping buyers only - they are not available in-store.
- Drop-Shipping will be available with some products, this means your item can be sent directly from the supplier to you, so you get your purchase much faster.
- If you have any questions, you can message us via the chat button on our website...we will respond as soon as we can.
- FREE to local Retirement Homes and Aged Care Facilities on lockdown
- maximum $10 fee to deliver within Murwillumbah’s locality (please call us to confirm)
- Australia wide delivery available via Fastway couriers / Australia Post. We only deliver within Australia currently.
- ZERO CONTACT DELIVERY is available via our “CALL ‘n’ COLLECT” service, simply:
- Call us to place your order
- Wait for your order to be processed
- You will recieve a call when its ready for pickup
- Park in our carpark at the back of the shop
- We will bring your part to your car
You can pay over the phone using a debit or credit card or once we have advised it is in-store, you can pay via our mobile EFTPOS machine if you haven’t paid already.
- Lay-by (20% deposit, regular payments made over 12 weeks)
- Finlease (for business customers)
- Bank Deposit
We offer so much more than your standard "computer shop" and always strive to give our customers a very positive IT shopping experience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us on 0266728300, or pop in to have a chat with one of our friendly techs who can match you with the best computer / product we have in-store (or can source from our suppliers) to suit your needs.
1994 - 1996
Stewart decided to refocus his life after having a number of years ‘off’, so he completed his Tertiary Preparation Certificate with TAFE NSW, followed by Certificate 4 in IT.
It was then that he realized computers took his interest - repairing them became a passion.
In 1996, Stewart began repairing computers from his garage.
Stewart started his Bachelor of IT with Southern Cross University.
Part-way through the year, as a part of the ‘marketing’ subject, Stewart and his business partner (to be) came up with the name of “Precise PCs”, then decided to actually register it.
At the end of 1997, a local business owner presented an opportunity for Stewart and his then business partner, to start a computer business in Murwillumbah by sub-leasing a small portion of that business owner’s store front (which sold car accessories) in Murwillumbah Street.
Precise PCs officially commenced trading in December 1997, starting with 2 staff members – Stewart and his then business partner.
Stewart bought-out his business partner and entered a new business partnership.
Precise PCs moved into its own small shop in Wharf Street…and it thrived.
Stewart again bought-out his partner and became a Sole Trader.
Stewart employed one staff member and the business thrived once again.
Precise PCs was relocated to new premises in Commercial Road, Murwillumbah…and it took off once again.
Precise PCs continued to grow and now had 3 staff members.
2008 – 2011
By 2018 Precise PCs had grown to require 4 staff members.
Then GFC took told.
Precise PCs struggled, like so many other local businesses…
Precise PCs became a Gold Member of the Leading Edge Group.
This opened us up to a wide range of laptops and gave us a buying power we hadn’t had before.
We also became Authorized Service Repairers for Toshiba.
>We began running out of room to display and store stock (and for our technicians to efficiently work in) so we decided to expand into one of the vacant shops next door.
This was a great move for Precise PCs – whilst many shops were sadly closing down in town, we managed to stay afloat…but it was tough.
Moving to this new location meant we could increase our range of stock and offer more services in-store for our customers, including an internet café.
Within 2 years we realized we had already outgrown our newly expanded premises.
Precise PCs was again bursting at the seams - not enough room for stock, and staff couldn’t work efficiently again.
Early in 2015 we were offered a shop space in Sunnyside however it was even smaller than what we had and with restricted trading hours…so we decided against it.
The opportunity then arose for us to relocate Precise PCs to our current premises – the (much bigger) former Block Buster shop opposite Sunnyside Shopping Mall (at the lights in Wollumbin Street).
In July, after an extremely hectic 3 month relocation period, we moved into our wonderful new position in town…starting with our Grand Relocation Celebration day.
Our customers love the convenience of our small car park behind us, and since we now have the extra floor space means we also had the ability to increase our range of stock and services.
Plus we added one-on-one tuition for customers who would like to learn more about their computer and how to use it more efficiently.
Business did so well that was also necessary for us to add another staff member to Precise PCs, bringing the total to 6 staff members.
2017 & 2018
Precise PCs grew to needing 7 staff (6 full time and 1 part time).
We decided to take Precise PCs up to the next level of small business, diversifying into many different fields, thus matching our customers’ demand for particular services and products.
These are the areas we either started moving into, or stepped-up our efforts in…
- Microsoft 356 Azure training
- We are now approved Microsoft Surface resellers for business and education.
- We are a Managed Services Provider for businesses.
- Managed Anti-Virus and Back-ups for home users and students
- Our eCommerce web site is set-up, ready for online shoppers.
- Catalogues are distributed frequently.
- Preparations are under way to create our own YouTube channel where we can share reviews, tips and more.
- Having a greater community involvement, including running our “Guess the Object” game most weeks (via Facebook), giving those joining in on the fun, the chance to win a small prize.
- We are now authorised Brother and Oki printer repairers.
- For our customers who prefer to ‘buy now, pay later’, we have Zip Pay and Flexi Rent (for anyone) and Finlease finance (for businesses). We still offer in-store savings plans (credit notes) and layby (20% deposit with up to 3 months to pay the item off).
- Stage 1 of front-of-shop renos were completed resulting in 4 new, modern display tables for laptops, desktops, printers and monitors.
We have had another big year already, focusing on the culmination of 2 years work – preparing our new sister-business – Precise IT Services, with runs in conjunction with but separate to Precise PCs.
Precise IT Services offers businesses DEDICATED IT SUPPORT – we use proactive IT solutions to keep businesses running smoothly, rather than waiting for computers to breakdown which then wastes employee’s time…and employers’ money.
The need for full, local business support is growing all the time, so we can see a big future for Precise IT Services.
- Computers (laptops and/or desktops and screens/monitors, mice and more)
- Printers Modems / Routers / Wifi Electronic
- Display Screens Whiteboards
- Laser Pointers Speakers Projectors Security Cameras (supply and can arrange installation)
- 6 Months to 2 Years INTEREST FREE FINANCE
Precise PCs has added another finance option for customers – SKYE MASTERCARDS, with which we offer 6 months to 2 years INTEREST FREE! So add this to ZipPay and Finlease (and of course cash, card, store credit and layby), and we’ve got pretty much all budgets covered.
These are some other areas we will be expanding into in 2019, so as to be able to offer more services and products to our customers, through our sister-business Precise IT Services…
- 24/7 TECHNICAL SUPPORT…our head technicians will be on call 24/7 should you need our urgent after hours help.
- CABLE TEST AND TAGGING…one of our techs is doing a course in July so that he is a qualified cable tester-and-tagger, which is particularly useful for businesses – if your business burns down and the cause is a faulty cable that hadn’t been tested recently, then you won’t be covered by insurance.
- NBN…we will soon be a certified NBN Partner which will give us direct access with NBN so we can sort out our customers’ NBN issues.
- BUSINESS PHONE SYSTEMS…we plan to become resellers and installers of phone systems suitable for businesses.
- MICROSOFT…staff will be continuing their Microsoft training in various relevant areas.
…and there are more areas we are looking into which will help us to provide customers with even better support.
Our staff numbers have grown again – we now have 3 retail staff and 3 technicians, plus Stewart and Karen.
As Precise PCs and Precise IT Services grow, our staff numbers will continue to grow to meet demand so as to ensure we remain as efficient as we possibly can, for all of our customers.
Opening another store or two in the future, is definitely in our thoughts…we just have to see where our journey takes us…watch this space……